Popular midsize SUV, the Toyota Highlander has been manufactured since 2001. To keep current and competitive in its market, the Highlander has experienced a number of upgrades and redesigns throughout the years. These are some of the main characteristics of the Toyota Highlander model as of right now:
- Spacious Interior: With room for eight passengers, the Highlander is an excellent option for families or anybody who has to move a lot of people. Up to 84.3 cubic feet of extra cargo capacity may be created by folding down the second and third rows of seats.
- Superior Safety Features: The Highlander is equipped with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5, which includes functions like automatic high beams, lane departure warning with steering assistance, and pre-collision warning with pedestrian recognition. Higher variants come with extras like front and rear parking sensors, rear cross-traffic warning, and blind-spot monitoring.
3.Hybrid Option: A 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and two electric motors are combined to provide 243 horsepower in the Highlander’s hybrid powertrain. At an EPA-estimated 36 mpg combined, the hybrid vehicle is more fuel-efficient than the gasoline-only counterpart.
- Powerful Engine: The Highlander’s 3.5-liter V6 engine, which exclusively runs on gas, generates 295 horsepower and 263 lb-ft of torque. It has an eight-speed automatic gearbox and, when outfitted correctly, can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
- Pleasant Ride: The Highlander is a wonderful option for extended road trips or regular commutes since its suspension is optimised for a comfortable ride. Also, the cabin is well-insulated, which reduces road noise.
- User-Friendly Infotainment: An 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is a standard feature on the Highlander. A bigger 12.3-inch touchscreen, a top-tier JBL sound system, and a rear-seat entertainment system are all included in higher versions.
7.All-Wheel Drive: The Highlander has an all-wheel drive option, which improves handling and grip in slick weather. Depending on the driving situation, the system may provide up to 50% of the engine’s power to the rear wheels.
8.Spacious Third Row: Unlike many midsize SUVs, the Highlander’s third-row seats are roomy enough for adults to sit there comfortably. As a result, it’s a wonderful option for big families or anybody who wants to carry a lot of people.
9.Stylish Design: The Highlander of the current generation has a slick, contemporary appearance with a prominent front grille and crisp lines. Higher grades come with extras including 20-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof, and LED headlights.
- Toyota Reliability: Toyota has a reputation for producing dependable automobiles, and the Highlander is no exception. Buyers may feel secure knowing that the SUV is covered by a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty.